Sunday, September 23, 2007

Baby Dedication Day/First Day of Sunday School!




Whoa! We had a big day today! Today was a baby dedication day and Cade's 1st day of Sunday School!! For those of you who know our story of trying to have a baby you might not know that I used to skip ALL Sundays that included a baby dedication. Those were just too much to handle. So, today when our names were called to go on stage and Lisa handed me his little Bible and picture frame and said "We've been praying for this day for so long and now it's here!" you can imagine the emotions!!! She and I both started crying, but then I was all smiles when I got on the stage holding my sweet baby! Chris and I both were so happy!!! He was a perfect angel on stage while Bruce said a few words and read scripture to us, and the 11 other families with new babies (all boys except 2 girls!!), and then an elder said a prayer for all of us. I don't remember a word Bruce said or who the elder was that said the prayer b/c the whole time I just kept thinking I can't believe we are up here with our little boy! I've never had a dream come true before until Cade. Later Lisa told me she was thinking about how much we all prayed for this day and how sometimes we don't see our prayers answered in the physical sense. Here he is, our answer to prayer in the flesh. Thank you, Jesus! And thank you to those who prayed for us for so long. What a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

i am so happy for you guys!! i wish i could have been there for the baby dedication. i know this has been a long road for you all and i thank God for this wonderful day! :)

jaime s said...

So happy (and sad) to hear about this special day!! Happy....because OF COURSE we were praying and praying for this day with you guys for so many years....Sad because we moved away and didn't get to experience it with you in person. What a gift that would've been for us to celebrate and dedicate the arrival of our precious sons, Cade & Eli together! We truly are SO HAPPY that this day arrived and your answered prayer came in the form of precious, Cade Arthur! He is such a cutie! Can't wait to see him (and his parents) again!

We miss you guys!!

Unknown said...

What an amazing journey God took you on! I'm so glad to be on the parenting road with you now. We love you guys!

LB said...

OK, I can't read your blog and cry at the same time... Happy tears, happy tears. I was kinda bummed that Bruce didn't say anything about our prayers for Cade. I wanted him to say, "hey, everybody, God is alive! He cares! Look here is the evidence in this precious baby! Then I would have been happier.