Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday School Class




What a big boy! They said he wouldn't let go of his Bible!! Miss Leeann is his teacher and God bless her with all those boys in the class! We are missing one boy in particular... Baby Bennett we are awaiting your arrival to this crazy bunch! We are praying for that day and your parents will be as excited (and a little nervous) as we were today!

The funny part of all this is that I didn't know what I was doing to check him into class. The old system was to grab his tags from the wall put one on him and one on me. Of course, we have never done that system since today was his 1st day, but I noticed that they had made these tags for him and they were hanging on the wall. Now, they have a new system to check him in on the computer and they print off 2 stickers with his name on them (one for him, one for me). So, I took the tags AND got the sticker AND they gave me a pager in case they needed to find me in an emergency! I was all loaded up! When Chris saw me he said, "I want to wear one"! (Again, you have to remember, we waited 5 years for this day, so everything was exciting to us! It was hard to watch the parents in the hallways with multiple tags hanging off their clothes with the names of all their kids. It just reminds you- no tag, no kid.) So, Chris wore his tag and I wore his sticker and pager!! I went to Chris' class for a little bit and then Lisa wanted to tell me how well Cade was doing in class. Then I got distracted and sat outside the nursery with another Mom and her baby (Kristen and Kate) and chatted with them until class was over. No, I was not checking up on Cade, but I was not going to be late picking him up on the 1st day! When they handed him over to me he was asleep. He had played and played and had enough!! Our little angel!
I think I might grab the tag and the sticker again next Sunday just so Chris can be a Dad with a tag hanging off his clothes. One more Sunday won't hurt anything! He was just so proud to wear it!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

it was very exciting for us to drop Rachel off at her first class too. i'm glad Cade enjoyed it and that you guys are able to have some fun too!

Jennie said...

I'm so happy for you both that you finally got to experience this dream day! We love you guys and are also so happy that Cade is in your lives finally (and ours too)!!

Katherine said...

I can't wait until I'm back in there to play with all those little guys! :)
Glad you got such great pictures of his first day of class, too! :)

Anonymous said...

He was such a joy in class that I'm sad I will be missing the next two weekends because I will be out of town. I look forward to more Cade snuggles in the coming months though and moving from holding the Bible to patting it. :)

Brooks Inc. said...

Mindy-

I loved this post...love the thought of you and Chris both wearing your badges proudly...Sure love you guys!

That Cade is such a cutie!

Becky

John Vaught said...

I wish I was still there teaching! Glad he had a great day. Miss you guys.

Unknown said...

I was really excited to proudly wear my (Kennedy's) tag that first day too!

Murray Sanderson said...

We miss Baby Cade! Wish we were there to see all of these 1sts...

We love you guys,
The Sanderson Clan