Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2 Days To Go! Long post ahead...

So, everyone wants an update on how we're doing. Here it is!

Chris- overwhelmed and overloaded with reading and new vocabulary to learn, BUT loving every minute of it!Every student has to work in the MFI clinic each week which means they have to dress appropriately for clients coming in to the office. I have enjoyed this because he has to dress up more than he ever did during youth ministry! He is really looking sharp this week!

Mindy- never been more uncomfortable in my life and not loving every minute of it! No, she hasn't dropped or turned, but it doesn't matter with a c-section. I have no idea if I've dilated, or how much, b/c it doesn't matter with a c-section, so the Dr hasn't even checked. I just know that I'm uncomfortable when I'm walking, standing, sitting and laying down! I'm sore from head to toe. I could go on complaining, but it really won't help anything! I feel sorry for the women who deliver after their due date. This c-section is already 5 days early and I'm counting every hour that goes by. Need I say more? 2 more days, 2 more days...

Cade- having a rough week. He has 4 teeth coming in at once, and they aren't small teeth. This time the teething is giving him major stomach problems. It started Sunday night when he didn't want to eat dinner and he had 4 (or was it 5, I lost count) stinky diapers in a row. We were trying to watch the closing ceremonies, but kept running to his room to change him. It's been so bad that this morning he had poop coming out of his diaper and all down his leg, and all over his sheets. Between the 2 of us, Chris and I have changed 6 poopy diapers since that one this morning. He is also trying to walk. Every day gets better and better, but this is such a slow process for him. He is almost too cautious. He takes 2 very small steps and then falls. We're waiting on that 3rd step before we video tape him. If he sees the camera he won't do anything. He's too fascinated with the camera and wants to push all the buttons! Lastly, his little sister will be entering HIS world on Friday. I know he doesn't understand this yet, but I believe he knows there is something new going on. He spends time with me in her room, and plays with her dolls. He mainly just throws them around the room! This next week will be interesting to see how he reacts to her being around 24/7. Pray for our little man! He's got more going on than the rest of us, and he's just so darn sweet about it! I don't know how I got such a sweet child. Quick example: I was getting some wet clothes out of the washer and, by accident, I dropped some of them on the floor right in front of the dryer. Being as big as I am it's so hard for me to bend over, but my little man came to my rescue! I didn't even have to ask him, he crawled up to the dryer and threw the clothes right in perfectly! I was so proud of my little helper! He just thought it was a game and giggled at his accomplishment, but I'd like to think he saw my frustrated face and came to my rescue! He is truly so sweet!

Parker- I'm pretty sure she already knows how to crawl! She moves ALL the time. I did not experience this with Cade. He was swimming in all the extra fluid I had(which some believe was caused by the IVF, but we'll never know). I felt him move, of course, but not like this little gymnast! This is good news to the Dr, but it gets annoying when it's happening to you! Today she was laying in a weird position which made my right leg and my left arm and hand numb for hours. Right now she is moving up and down, up and down. I can see what I think is her head moving up and down and pushing all over my insides! She gets the hiccups a lot too, but not as much as Cade did. Hers are different. They aren't as violent as his where, but they happen more often and last longer. Other than that, heartbeat is fine, measurements are fine. The Dr thinks she will weigh more than Cade, but that's a no brainer b/c he came 3 weeks early and didn't have those last days to fatten up! She is plenty fat! My guess weight is 7.8; my mom says 7.2, and Chris says 7.5 We'll know in 2 days!

That's it for our family update. All of our parents come in Thursday night for the exciting festivities happening at 7:30 am the next morning. I won't blog any more until she's here, so check back for pictures of her this coming weekend. Coming soon!
Love to all,
mindy

5 comments:

Jerri said...

The Harringtons will be praying for you all on Friday....I'll start praying NOW for the stinky diaper situation...been there done that...4 times....well, 5 with our Little Man--ugh! lots of poop. In our world, baby Conner will be 1 on Sept. 11th, Nate will be 23 Sept. 13th, and Don and Elise will be getting married Sept. 27th! Our family is growing, too!

Unknown said...

If I was there or you were here, I would offer to take Cade for the day so you could have one last day to yourself. We miss seeing him every week and watching him experience all this new stuff. I bet if you were here he would already be walking so he could keep up with Kennedy!

Jody said...

We are excited and praying very hard for ALL you!!!
Lots of love coming your way.
J and J

Brooks Inc. said...

Mindy! Iam checking in all the time...can hardly wait to meet Eden's college roomie Parker! ;)

I sure love you and your dear family! We celebrated 2 weeks of life with our sweet girl last night. SO Amazing how quickly and wonderfully a little life can revolutionize your family!

So excited for you guys and praying all the way!

Becky

Anonymous said...

hahaha...well you know the teething/poop connection. my 2nd baby teethed so hard that the only comfort she got was in going to the chiropractor...after which she'd sleep for 14 hours. (i never knew there were pediatric chiropractors, but my friends in utah finally convinced me when i reached the end of my rope, and hey, it was the greatest thing ever!!!)love you....suzy george