Thursday, August 7, 2008

Who likes change?

And I'm not talking quarters, dimes or nickles! I have come to love change. In fact, I might be addicted. My friend, Erin, makes fun of me b/c I'm always getting a new haircut. I say, WHO CARES, it's just hair. It will grow back, right? You've heard the phrase "Change or die"? I'm not sure about the die part, but change can certainly liven up your life. Keep you on your toes. We have had so much change in our lives since 2008 began that I can't imagine another life. I can't imagine staying in one place and doing the same routine over and over for the rest of my life. Some people love that kind of life, but I have to say... I'm not one of you!
I just think life is too short to do the same ole thing over and over again. There are some people who are inspiring with their change in life: First, Chris' brother, Tony, has moved to Colorado for a year to work and live just because he can right now. I think getting a new perspective in another city or state is an awesome way to grow and learn more about yourself. Don't get me wrong, it is a challenge. I should know from previous experience, but SO worth it. When we first moved to VA I didn't want to drive on Highway 66 b/c of all the crazy traffic. I was so scared! Chris drove me almost every where for a few months! Then, I realized i had to do it on my own eventually. I also remembered the words of my Mom when we moved to Dallas (from Memphis, TN) when I was in high school, "If we keep driving and start seeing signs that we are leaving Texas then we are lost! Otherwise, we're not lost we'll just keep driving until we find our destination"! Believe it or not, that came in handy. We drove around so much discovering new places that when I was finally able to drive around Dallas/Ft Worth with friends I knew exactly where were going and didn't need a map! And I always found my way home. It was her attitude towards the change of scenery that I learned about during that time.

Other people who have inspired me- military families. WOW! They move a lot!! Besides all the packing and unpacking they have to learn new streets, new places to discover, new churches, new kinds of food specific to the area of the world they are living. The list goes on and on! I came to appreciate this way of life living so close to D.C. The spouses and children deserve medals to wear on their shoulders as well. The government might tell them where to live, but it's mom and dad who teach the kids about changing and growing to make life interesting.

So, from changing your hairstyle or moving to a new state I hope you have been inspired by this blog to get out of the same 'ol routine and do something new. Go crazy!

No comments: