Friday, August 29, 2008

3 Becomes 4

I wanted to write tonight or today about a couple things. My mind is racing today and I am so overwhelmed with emotions and excitement it is hard to think straight so this may wander a bit. My classes are going great and I am already learning a lot. Today, though, I found myself wandering in and out of the discussion we were having. Naturally I was thinking about things more important than General Systems theory. I just wanted to brag about someone that I think has become my hero, my wife. Mindy has been a trooper over the past 2 years. She has been pregnant for the past 18 out 24 months. That is a long time!! The past 2 months have been especially hard on her and she has weathered through like a champ!! I have been falling in love with Mindy for a long time now but the past few years have brought us to a deeper level of love and admiration and friendship and devotion. She is amazing to me and I wish everyone could see her as she interacts with Cade and talks to Parker and loves me and supports me and my craziness. I was telling someone today that one of the things that initially attracted me to her (besides her hotness) was her ability to see through my crap and tell me I was full of it. She has never judged me, only loved me for who I am warts and all. And believe me I got a lot of warts. I can not imagine my life without her.

As you can tell, my emotions are bubbling today. Our lives are changing for the better. Yes stress levels will rise and we will be living through things we were just living through a year ago, but we will be doing it as a family. Or as I like to say, we are Team. I love that concept. As we sat there waiting for Cade to be born, we just looked at each other knowing things were changing now. All I could think about was that we would have to work hard together to make things happen. We would have to encourage each other and support each other and keep each other accountable. We would have to function as a unit or Team. So we have become and are becoming. We are going from 3 to 4 in 8 short hours. Our Team is expanding and I can't wait for it to be here.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Beautiful! You made me cry.

You are a blessed man. Mindy is one of the best people I've ever met.