Thursday, August 7, 2008

35 years...

Today (August 6) is my birthday (this is Mindy btw). I want to say thank you to all who sent cards and emails and phone calls. It really made my day. I've been having contractions and feeling blah since this past weekend. Nothing to worry about. It's just annoying. So, today was so special to get all the greetings. It truly did make my day special. Thank you!

I must brag on 2 very special people who really made this day wonderful. Chris and my sister, Missy. First, b/c I wasn't feeling up to mom duties today Chris did EVERYTHING around the house. He's done laundry, dishes, and all the household chores. He's also done EVERYTHING for Cade. He gets him up in the morning, gets him dressed, feeds him every meal, bathes him at night and puts him to bed. Besides playing with him, helping him to learn how to walk and talk, reading him books and so on and so on! Chris is seriously a great husband and father. I must embarrass him right now and tell all of you how awesome he is. I am really going to hate it when he starts school! I am spoiled rotten right now!!!
Missy was going to babysit for us so we could go to dinner, but since I wasn't feeling up to it she came over for dinner and ate with us. AND... she brought over a homemade Paula Dean 6 layer cake!!!!! Oh my goodness! It is yummy! She also played and played with Cade. He enjoyed that so much! He was "dancing" with her while they palyed on one of his musical toys. It was so adorable. I hate that I didn't get that on video for all of you to see; we'll have to have a reinactment. Missy also tried to get Cade back to sleep after we put him to bed and an hour later he woke up crying. He's still having trouble with that, but we think it's just one of those developmental phases again (we've been working hard on trying to get him to walk before P arrives). She was unable to get him back to sleep, but we appreciate her trying after we were exhausted from trying everything we know. Thanks Miss!
Today was a great day! Thank you to all who made this day wonderful and special for me! You guys ROCK!
Love to everyone! I'll keep you posted on any Parker news...
Mindy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I am so excited about Parker's upcoming arrival...can't wait to see pics! It sounds like your summer has definitely been wild, but so fun too. Abilene is such a great place to be with kiddos~ you are going to have a ball at the zoo, museums downtown, awesome restaurants, parks, etc. I got your email about the t-shirt and that is the LAST thing you need to be worrying about! We miss you guys tons~ Bobby will be there next weekend with my dad....so crazy that he is going to college. I have already told him that he cannot hound you guys for meals~ he has the world famous Bean for that :). Love you guys!

Jill said...

Happy belated birthday, girl! Can't wait for Parker's arrival!