Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Final Countdown

Well we are about 3 and half weeks from Parker's arrival. I am very excited but not nearly as excited as Mindy!!! (understatement of the year) We are putting the finishing touches on Parker's room this week. Also, we are getting a bag ready to head the hospital just in case she decides to pull a Cade and come early. Right now she is scheduled to arrive sometime the morning of August 29th. We actually have some ultra-sound pics from a couple of weeks ago but it is hard to tell from the scanned version what you are looking at so I didn't put them up. But believe me she is there and she is very active. We can only hope she looks like her mother!!!

This past weekend we went to church with my sister and her husband in Keller. I had been before but it was Mindy's first time. We put Cade in the nursery and he did pretty well. It was a great service and was the first time that Mindy and I were able to worship together without having to be in charge of something in some time. It was very nice. Most of the songs were unfamiliar but easy to pick up. We really enjoyed he worship time (I think Mindy enjoyed it most). It go me to thinking. I know, I know I won't go to deep here. I know I have another blog for that. But I guess I just was sitting there thinking of several things as we sang and prayed and listened. I have not thought much about what type of church I would like for our family to be a part of until recently. I know that sounds weird but its true. I know that Mindy has spent several weeks thinking about it and we have talked about it but I didn't really think much about it until the past couple of days. Even as we drove from Grapevine to Abilene this afternoon we discussed the need to find somewhere here that we feel comfortable and somewhere we can feel safe taking our kids. We had grand plans to visit several places and look around a lot but I am not sure that will happen in the end. I am not sure we have that kind of time or want to put that kind of time into it. Still don't know where we will end up but we will end up somewhere. This may sound very strange to some of you that have always gone to church the same place or have either grown up going the same kind of church all your life. But I haven't and up until recently we went to the place I was employed (which is not necessarily a bad thing). I guess what I am saying is we have more of a choice now and that is good sometimes. Lastly, I found myself seeing the importance of church as a PART of our children's development. But you can read more about that at b-chris.blogspot.com if you would like. I will be blogging about it tomorrow.

I will be putting up some pics and video from our summer travels in the next few days. Have a great week!!

No comments: