Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back To School!!


For everyone not keeping up with our life we are about to have 2 pretty significant things happen to us this week. The first one is tomorrow. I (Chris) am going back to school. I did not think I would ever say that again 8 1/2 years ago but tonight as I type this, I am so very excited. I can't wait actually. I know that may sound weird but I have been looking forward to this day since early March. I know it will be different and it will take some time to get used to it, but I look forward to the challenge. As a family, we are ready to take on a new kind of being busy (after 7 plus years of full time ministry). It will be a 2 year crazy journey, but it will be one we do together as a family.

And speaking of family, the second big event this week happens on Friday. Our little girl, Parker, comes into the world around 7:30 am Friday morning. And as excited as I am about starting school, it pales in comparison to the birth of our second child. But more on this later this week.

3 comments:

jaime s said...

So excited for you Chris! You'll be so great!

So excited for all of you and can't wait for Parker's arrival. We wish we could be there to see her. Please post pics asap!!

Faith and I are thinking about coming for my 10 yr. reunion during Homecoming this year. I'll keep you posted!!

Blessing to you on your new changes!

We miss you guys!

P.S. Mindy you look incredible!! Such an adorable little momma to be!

Unknown said...

Nice pic Chris! Soon you will have something/someone better to take pictures of!

Jeff Hubbard said...

Hey guys! Chris I know how you feel about school... I just hope I can still write those papers. I will be in Abilene this weekend... I am excited that I will get to see the new little one. I am staying with some old church friends so that I don't bother you guys. I will definitely connect with Missy or someone Friday afternoon so that I can see all of you. I am praying for you guys!